All of the teacher mini-grants have been evaluated on the following criteria:
1. Innovative nature of the project- The extent to which the project is new, unique, original, or creative, or will improve existing instruction.
2. Educational merit of the project- The extent to which the project will increase student achievement or enhance learning.
3. Project Design - The extent to which there is evidence that the project has been carefully planned, and can be successfully implemented this school year.
4. Evaluation tool - A complete application must be accompanied by an evaluation tool that is appropriate, reliable and practical for assessing the success of the proposed project.
5. Reasonable cost - The cost of the project seems reasonable enough to cover the implementation of the project and does not require any additional new funding.
Rating System: A 1 (being not acceptable) to 10 (exemplary) was used to evaluate each of the 5 criteria outlined above. The principals evaluated base on a pass/fail grade. There were 6 PTSA member evaluations, for a total possible score of 60.
We were able to approve all grants and are distributing $1477.07 of the $1750 we have allotted for the Fall of 2013 Teacher Mini-Grants.
Score 51.8 Grade Level 4th Art Grant Mrs. Herek, Visual Arts Teacher. Print making for Peter and the Starcatcher. $188.08
Score 51.4 4th Grade Level Grant: All 4th Grade Teachers. Language Arts; purchase a classroom set of Peter and the Starcatchers, to be shared by all 4th grade classrooms.$244.80
Score 51 K-5 Schools Grant: Mrs. Herek, Visual Arts Teacher. Mirror, Mirror... Help Me See. A set of mirrors will be purchased to be used by every student as they create their self portraits. $244.19
Score 49.8 Young Fives Classroom Grant: Ms. Durling, Y5 Teacher. A Mastadon is not a Dinosaur. Busing provided to take the students to the University of Michigan of Natural History. $150
Score 45.4 K-5 Schools Grant: Mr. Plaxton, Fit for Life Teacher. iPad - The New Clipboard for Physical Education. Use iPad for video analysis by students and increase student motivation via interactive technology. $250
Score 44.8 Kindergarten Grade Level Grant: All Kindergarten Teachers. Sand Table Exploration - Dramatic Play Center. Students will be given catalogs to select wish list items to be used in sand tables. These items will be rotated between all kindergarten classrooms. $250
Score 40.2 Kindergarten Classroom Grant: Mr. Forrest. Freedom to Create - Kindergarten Writing Center. Special writing materials to be put into writing centers. $150
Thank you so much to the principals and PTSA volunteers who evaluated these grants. If you would like a digital copy of the grants, please feel free to contact me at WilliamstonPTSA@hotmail.com.